Sunday, May 10, 2009

Why, Why, Why?

This week has been very challenging for me. So many questions- so many doubts- so many wishes. How can life change so fast and expect me to hang on? That's one of the questions that I still can't answer.

Part of life is being able to endure the changes without knowing all the answers. If we knew what was going to happen there would be no purpose to this life. It wouldn't be a test and there would be no faith, no happiness, no excitement, no success.

As I have tried to take a few HUGE steps backward today so I can see the BIG picture I have realized how grateful I am for opposition in my life. I am glad that I have to go through hard times so I can enjoy the good ones. There really is a need to have opposition in all things, or there would be no purpose to life at all.

Right now the hardest part of life is not knowing what the future holds. I am constantly asking: "What is the purpose of this trial?" or "What does God want me to learn from this experience?" or "What is this person's role in my life?" As my life is changing so rapidly, especially in the transition to summer, I find myself grasping for stability and reassurance. But in the world there are very little things that are perfectly steady and sure. I have to turn back to the truths and people that I know will never change: my Heavenly Father and my family. They will never abandon me. That I know will never change no matter how bad the storms and whirlwinds are raging.

So I will move forward with faith. Doubt not! Fear not! Things will work out Janae! Remember that the trials and mysteries of my life are really a blessing and life would be boring and pointless without them. Life is a puzzle; and even though it's frustrating to figure out how the pieces go together keep working at it because it will be worth it!

Janae

ps- Wow that felt good :) I like this blog thing- it really helps me sort out my life! Thanks for enduring that with me!

3 comments:

  1. I love you Janae. You CAN do it. And I know that without a doubt in my mind. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, part of life is being able to endure the changes without knowing all the answers. God tests you as how much He loves you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the best part of life is not knowing....?

    ReplyDelete