Sunday, May 3, 2009

My life is 566 words

Here goes another post! I've been thinking about a lot of things lately and can't decide exactly which one I want to talk about. There have been so many things happen to me the last semester that I never expected! Studying, running, dating, and teaching have thrown in different twists into my life. As I have learned to deal with each area of my life I have had success and great joy! Here's a summary of what has happened this last semester in my life.

School is one area that I have been very blessed in this semester. I really enjoyed my classes, especially Accounting 200 and Math 119. At first I wasn't sure if I would do well in these courses, but my talents and efforts seemed to be magnified as I put forth my best work. Ultimately I was able to excel in all my classes this semester which will be very helpful for purposes of getting into the BYU Marriott School of Business.

In between all my studying I've been doing a lot of running. My family and I trained for a half marathon this semester. It was a really neat goal to do as a family and even though it took a lot of time I was glad that we were able to keep physically fit and complete a challenging goal. We ran the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, TN on last Saturday. It was really hot and humid, but I just took it slow and had fun running with my sister Aubrey!

When I think about work I'm pretty sure that I have the best job in the world! I love teaching violin/viola lessons and coaching orchestra. The kids are so cute and I get so proud of them when I see how much them progress. TCO (Timpanogos Chamber Orchestra) ended in March with two successful concerts at Abravenal Hall and at the Assembly Hall at Temple Square. Now I'm focussing on my studio recital coming up this Saturday. Aubrey and I really got serious about group classes this semester and I can tell the students have learned a lot from playing together. For the recital each student is going to play a solo and then we'll have several group pieces at the end. I'm really excited! I hope it goes well!

Well, that's the really quick, vague update of the life of Janae Johnson. I am really excited to see what the future holds! I have faith that Heavenly Father will direct me right where I need to be.
Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment